How to make a pre/post assesment

How to make a pre/post assesment

by Learning Lab, DCA -
Number of replies: 5

We use moodle for courses directed at our own staff and other professionals, but are looking much into pre/post assessment of learning to better be able to track enhancement in knowledge. However, right now our only option is to make two questionnaires (or feedback/test for that matter) and then afterwards put the extracted answers into one spreadsheet. 

Do anyone know of a way to make a type of questionnaire that asks the same set of questions two times and that can be divided into two activities (with each their "completion tracking")? This would allow a user to take the first one, then take the course (that opens after completing the questionnaire) and lastly take the second one.

Thank you for your assistance - it is much appreciated!

//Christoffer Bengt

///Learning Lab, DCA

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Learning Lab, DCA

Re: How to make a pre/post assesment

by Craig Leith -

I'm also looking for this.

Any luck - I know its been a few months...

In reply to Craig Leith

Ang: Re: How to make a pre/post assesment

by Learning Lab, DCA -

Unfortunately not. At least not on our end. I havn't had any reactions to this since I posted it.

Re: Ang: Re: How to make a pre/post assesment

by Paula Clough -

The only way I have seen anything like this done is to use two quizzes. One at the beginning has you said. All other activities require that quiz be done before they are available. Each activity also requires the previous activity in the course to be completed before becomes available. This keeps students moving along in order. When the last activity is completed the last quiz (post test) becomes available. 

cool

In reply to Paula Clough

Ang: Re: Ang: Re: How to make a pre/post assesment

by Learning Lab, DCA -

Yeah, as I wrote, this is actually what we have done already, just with the "questionnaire" activity instead of the quiz. 

Thanks for the input, nevertheless!

//Christoffer

///LearningLab, DCA

Re: Ang: Re: How to make a pre/post assesment

by Paula Clough -

The only way I have seen anything like this done is to use two quizzes using completion and activity restriction. One at the beginning as you said. All other activities require that quiz be done before they are available. Each activity also requires the previous activity in the course to be completed before becomes available. This keeps students moving along in order. When the last activity is completed the last quiz (post test) becomes available. 

cool