My company builds an RDBMS and our customers want to find the way to install and run moodle with this RDBMS.
I already checked https://docs.moodle.org/dev/Contributing_to_Moodle, but I found it a little bit complex.
Could anyone provide some information regarding following questions?
Questions about compatibility
1. Is it possible to implement a compatibility between moodle and the database using ODBC?
2. If possible, what procedures do I have to follow if moodle community make public (So users know that the DB supports moodle)?
3. In addition to question #2, does moodle community "certifies" a database for moodle?
Questions about development
1. Is https://github.com/moodle/moodle a right place to contribute?
2. Which modules / components are related to support a new RDBMS(as well as ODBC connectivity)?
3. Should I create alll queries for moodle functions if I use a new RDBMS?