Change password not in user profile area after upgrade to 3.1

Change password not in user profile area after upgrade to 3.1

by Debbie Kay -
Number of replies: 7

Hi

I notice users cannot change their password in their profile area now I have upgraded to 3.1 (from 1.9) 

I found this link, which was helpful

http://serverfault.com/questions/724903/moodle-since-update-to-2-9-1-user-cant-change-their-password

"moodle/user:changeownpassword = Allow" in permissions but still it does not show up.

I can access it from the yourmoodle/user/preferences.php page as given in the link, is this how we have to to do it in 3.1?

I would have thought 'change password' would still be available in profile area?

Can anyone tell me where I edit the user preferences area from so I can see if it is unchecked or hidden?

Many thanks!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Debbie Kay

Re: Change password not in user profile area after upgrade to 3.1

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

You answered your own question... it's in the user preferences. The link should be on the profile page or on the dropdown next to you avatar at the top right of the page. If it isn't, make sure your theme is up to date. 

In reply to Howard Miller

by Debbie Kay -

Hi Howard

Many thanks for your reply. 

Sorry I was not clear, there is no link to 'user preferences' in 'profile', I was only able to find it direct via the info. in the post I cited.

I have updated my theme and still no joy.

Is there a setting somewhere where it could have been 'hidden' or 'turned off'?

In reply to Debbie Kay

by Debbie Kay -

As an alternative I have added a htlm block to users dashboard with a direct link smile

Thanks again for your input Howard, always appreciated!

In reply to Debbie Kay

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

I have seen several themes that have not yet updated the preferences page to include that link.  

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Debbie Kay -

Thanks Howard and Emma

It is not in my Dashboard area - I will check with my theme dev. I am using Lambda theme.

Thanks again!

In reply to Debbie Kay

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

I would make sure you have the latest version. They seem to produce updates quite frequently.