Blank space on the right

Blank space on the right

by Filipe Ferreira -
Number of replies: 9

Hi everyone,

I'm newbie on Moodle, so sorry if I made any mistake on this forum. I know this post seems to be a silly problem, but I've read many post and I could't find anything similar.

I've installed Moodle 3.2dev (Build: 20160929) and Theme Academi 1.3. I've tested on Chrome and IE.

On my course area, I don't use the right space for blocks (I prefer to use full screen for better visualization) - see printscreen. So, I would like to hide this blank space on the right.

Could someone please give me a hint on this?

Cheers,

Filipe

Attachment course.PNG
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Filipe Ferreira

Re: Blank space on the right

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Does it go away when you turn editing off?  That is normally what happens but I have not used that theme.

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Filipe Ferreira -

Hey Emma, thanks for your help. No, it doesn't go away... It's always there.

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

You may have to ask the developers if they intend supporting the theme going forward to 3.2 as it hasn't been released for 3.2 yet (as 3.2 itself hasn't been released either).

3.2 is still in testing and there are still changes happening.

In reply to Richard Oelmann

by Filipe Ferreira -

Richard, you made a good point. I've just seen that the compability is for Moodle 2.6, 2.7, 2.8, 2.9, 3.0, 3.1. There's no 3.2....

Thanks, I'll ask them about this issue.

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi,

Older themes will be no longer be supported that use the old layout styling, as it was depreciated in Moodle 2.9 and the styles removed in Moodle 3.2. This is why your site is not restyling the page when blocks are not on the right. It is that bit of styling that is missing.

However, all is not lost. To fix this in Moodle 3.2 (Dev) you can copy and paste this CSS into your theme's Custom CSS section of the settings page.

That should fix it.

Cheers

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Filipe Ferreira -

Hi Mary, good morning!

First of all, thanks for you help. I've tried to put this CSS into the settings page (themes->Academi->Header->Custom CSS) and it didn't work. I also tried to copy this CSS to the file custom.css (/moodle/theme/academi/style/), but it didn't work as well.... sad I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong.

I've sent an email to the Academi team asking if the intend to update this theme to moodle 3.2 and I got an answer:

"Dear Filipe,

Thanks for reporting us , we will check and fix it and release new version.

Regards, Senthilguru.E"

So hopefully they are working on it. But Mary, if you have any further hint to me, I would be extremely grateful.

Cheers,

Filipe

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Filipe

I notice that the page you describe, in the screenshot image, has editing ON, so can you tell me what does that page look like when editing is turned OFF?

Also, which CSS did you add to your theme?

Thanks

Mary

by Mary Evans -

Hi Filipe,

I have just been checking out the Academi theme and find it totally unsuitable for Moodle 3.2.

There are a few errors in the following areas that I look at mainly...config.php & lib.php.

You need to wait for an updated version.

Sorry,

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Filipe Ferreira -

Hey Mary, good morning down here smile

I've tried copying both entire code and only the section "/** Start Legacy styles. Deprecated since Moodle 2.9. See MDL-48160 for further information. **/". They didn't work.

The blank space remains there, even when I deactivate the editing mode.

Mary, the theme seems to be working fine, although I got this two issues (blank space on the right and facebook button authentication doesn't work anymore). You can check out the final result on my website www.ingty.com.

Also, I've noticed that I only get this blank space when I access the page "view.php" (pls check the area on the printscreen attached highlighted in yellow). The other pages are pretty fine.

If you have any idea to fix it before getting the new version, I would appreciate your help.

Cheers,

Filipe

Attachment blank.PNG