Restore issue - version problem

by sushumna rao -
Number of replies: 3

Here is the error, What should I di?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to sushumna rao

Re: Restore issue - version problem

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

1.  I suspect the user in question is your admin user but regardless the password or email is probably different on the server that you are restoring to.  If you change those to match the originating server, then that should take care of that issue.

2.  I think it will let you try it with the user fixed but it saying that it cannot guarantee it because you are trying to restore to an older version of Moodle.  You might need to upgrade the site that you are restoring to.

In reply to sushumna rao

Re: Restore issue - version problem

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Emma *1

but 2 cents more ....

If the course is still available on the system from which you are attempting Xfer of the course, un-enroll Admin level/Teachers from course - might have to un-enroll students as well.

Make a backup; that way and then attempt restore.

There is yet another way ... IF the server no longer online .... not recommended way to do things but when in a pinch ...

Un-archive the backup ... it's a tar.gz.

Edit the users.xml file and remove conflicting accounts ... admin user/teacher - maybe even students.

Also, edit moodle_backup.xml ... cheating with these edits ... in there, one will find things like version of Moodle.  One might be able to fool the new server ... depending.

Re-archive ... such that the edited users.xml is now part of the backup.   Then attempt restore.

As long as the backup didn't include any special addon that might be incompatible, one *might* be able to restore.

Have I done this before?   Yes.   Maybe I got lucky ... but like I said ... in a pinch ...

'spirit of sharing', Ken