Enabling Activity Completion After Students Already Enrolled

Enabling Activity Completion After Students Already Enrolled

by Sandy Stockholm -
Number of replies: 1

We would like to enable activity completion in our 2.7.2 version of Moodle. When we initially set it up, we did not enable this feature through the advanced features accessible to the administrator. We have been using our courses for a couple of years, what might we expect would occur if we enabled the feature now? There are students enrolled in our existing courses at all various points of progress.

We could set up new courses within our current Moodle after we enable activity completion and have it available for future students. I just don't want to throw a wrench in our existing courses by enabling the feature now.

Would enabling activity completion thru advanced features not affect the current courses unless I tried to turn on activity completion in each courses' settings? In my research, I could not find a clear answer to whether I also need to be concerned about a default setting that might influence what is already existing.

We are using the clean theme I believe (one of the installed versions, not an add-on). I am using Internet Explorer 11.

Thank you for your time.

Sandy

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sandy Stockholm

Re: Enabling Activity Completion After Students Already Enrolled

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Activity completion is enabled primarily at the site level and then individually at the course level.  Existing courses would have to have it enabled at the course level for any changes to occur.

Theme and browser do not affect this.