Moodle Certificate Alter Static Text

Moodle Certificate Alter Static Text

by Christine Hanrahan -
Number of replies: 1

Due to a reduction in force I find myself responsible for a larger part of the Moodle pie. I've created and maintained the front end (no programming to speak of). However, I need to create a new Moodle Certificate. I searched the Moodle help and found help files stating that the image files exist on the server. I do not have access to the server so I spent unnecessary time involving the server tech's just to find out the files did not exist on the server and that I could upload the image within Moodle (which I have done). Now I'm looking for the data fields to make some simple alterations and cannot find anything telling me where they exist. I have no problem reading through material to find the resolve but I find myself going in circles and frustrating everyone.

OK, so I need to find out where I can create a certificate altering the static text on the certificate. Any and all help is greatly appreciated. --Thank you in advance.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Christine Hanrahan

Re: Moodle Certificate Alter Static Text

by Dave Emsley -

Hi Christine,

The files you need to alter are in the folder on the server:  MoodleFolder/mod/certificate/type/   In that folder you will see some other folders that are the different types of certificate.    They are NOT entirely obvious but you can see from the names where each item goes and what the X,Y coordinates are of it on the page.

I hope this makes sense.  If you want to send me an image of one of your certificates I can do a Moodle certificate template for you if that would be useful?

Cheers

Dave