How does moodle keep track of credits earned?

How does moodle keep track of credits earned?

by William Hernández -
Number of replies: 3
Hello everyone,

Can a student see the number of credits of a given course?
Can a student see how many credits they have earned during the current semester?
Can a student see how many credits they have earned to date, i.e, all course work for all years?
Can a student see a history of all courses taken and for each course see the credits earned and the final grade?

Thanks to all,

William Hernandez
In reply to William Hernández

Re: How does moodle keep track of credits earned?

by Steve Hyndman -

Of course, each teacher/professor can indicate the number of credits for a given course in the specific course (maybe the course syllabus), but I think the other functions are more in line with a student management system instead of a Learning Management System.

Steve

In reply to Steve Hyndman

by William Hernández -
By credits I refer to the number of credits needed to earn a college degree or the number of credits per year of continuing education that are required in some professions. I saw "points" on one of the course screens, but it didn't seem to me to be the same as credits.

So you are suggesting that exporting final grades to a "student management system" would be an option. Is there a "plugin" for this?

--
William Hernández
In reply to William Hernández

by Michael Tanczos -
AFAIK Moodle has no way of granting credit for course completion, and the grading situation is a mess as is to begin with.  At most it can export grades to excel for a specific course.  Until this is fixed Moodle can only be used in conjunction with another gradebook/grading method.

I think I will try to tackle this problem actually.

---
Michael Tanczos