Track slide view

Track slide view

by Enrico B -
Number of replies: 3

Hi all!

I have a course based on a slideshow. I am searching a way to force students ( I know it is sad, but it is a legal requirement sad ) to click to advance on the next slide and wait a minute before clicking again. The course should be marked as completed if all slides are read for at least a minute. Searching this forums I found that a SCORM may be the best option? Or am I wrong?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Enrico B

Re: Track slide view

by Francesca Q -

I'd rather build a Lesson activity instead: I'd put the content of each slide in Lesson content pages, with two buttons to previous and next page.

In the Activity completion of the Lesson, you can select "Required view" and/or "Require end reached"; moreover, in "Required time spent", you can write how many minutes students must spend inside the whole Lesson activity. Ciao!

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Enrico B

by Pal Ahuja -

Hi Enrico this can be achieved with both SCORM as well as customization of moodle course / lesson view page. The SCORM can be scripted to allow minimum time to be spent on a slide. Also each slide can be made mandatory. The moodle course / lesson view can also be customized to have a Slider display format along with minimum time stay condition configured. We are doing a similar work on our site. If you need to look at that, feel free to share your email ID and I will send you invite from our site. 

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Pal Ahuja

by Enrico B -

Thanks Francesca and Pal for your advices, I will discuss the two options with the teacher of the course.

By the way Pal, which software are you using to create the SCORM? I sent you my email address via a private message, thank you!