Filters in the Mobile App

Filters in the Mobile App

by Justin Hunt -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Right now what would have been filtered on the desktop version doesn't get filtered on the mobile app. So things like Generico and PoodLL filter strings are broken.

e.g {Generico:type=bluebutton,text="click me"}

Is it possible to write add-ons that filter text as we can for standard Moodle?

Is there any example/guides/code on how to do this?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Justin Hunt

Re: Filters in the Mobile App

by Elton LaClare -

As someone who makes extensive use of filters on my institutional Moodle, I would also like to know about their future with the Mobile App. For example, we use a filter to turn a regular audio player into a 3-speed audio player that allows users to either slow down or speed up the playback. It's very helpful for the users, and we would like to make it available through the Mobile App as well. 

Thank you for your time and effort.

In reply to Elton LaClare

by Juan Leyva -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hi,

support for filtering via remote add-ons is already on the roadmap, but unfortunately there are too much other things that have a bigger priority.

In any case, we are aware of this.

Regards, Juan
In reply to Juan Leyva

by Justin Hunt -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
After thinking about it, I find it hard to see how the mobile app could ever handle some of what Generico/VideoEasy/PoodLL could pass to it. So I added "alternate content" fields to each of those filters.

If the filter detects that the content has been requested by a web service it passes back the content from the "alternate content" field. Its up to the template author to create appropriate content in the "alternate content" fields. Right now I am using this to fall back to standard HTML5 audio and video tags, from the fancy players (VideoJS, flowplayer,"3 speed audio player", etc).