Languages

User language preference not saved

Picture of Kenny Acock
User language preference not saved

I have a Moodle site (2.8.5) with two languages. The default language is English (US) and the other language is Spanish (Mexico).
If a user sets the default language to Spanish (in the Edit Profile page), everything changes as expected. However, if said user logs out and then logs back in, the site reverts to English. My expectation is that this change should be permanent.
I have deselected the option to autodetect the language, but this has not fixed the issue.

Half of the employees that use this training site are Spanish speakers, so this is a significant issue that makes navigating the site difficult.

I have seen other forum posts that suggest looking at language settings, but the only options I can see for the language pack is to install or uninstall languages.

Any suggestions?

Average of ratings: -
Picture of David Mudrák
Re: User language preference not saved
Core developersDocumentation writersMoodle HQParticularly helpful MoodlersPlugin developersPlugins guardiansTestersTranslators

said user logs out and then logs back in, the site reverts to English

All pages including the front page and a course page? Any chance that it happens in a course that has English set as a forced language?

Picture of Kenny Acock
Re: User language preference not saved

This is happening in all pages, including the front page.   ...and, no, there are no courses with a forced language.