Moodle Mobile crashing after SCORM completion

Moodle Mobile crashing after SCORM completion

by Aaron Harris -
Number of replies: 5

Hi all 

I've been customising the Moodle Mobile PhoneGap repository, and yesterday exported it as an APK to test on a Galaxy S3.  
The app itself is working fine, but I noticed when completing a SCORM package, that the app will crash and reload from the main page.  
The odd thing though, is that the attempt is registered, but the completion is not tracked.  

For example, I have a basic two question SCORM that through the regular Moodle app will complete and track, online it is completing and tracking, but my customised one does not.  
I haven't changed any of the core code - all I've done is change the theming and set the site address when logging in.  

To begin with, PhoneGap did not work, and I have had to download the PhoneGap repository from GitHub, and copy across the changes I've made to the PhoneGap file before uploading it to PhoneGap.  

Any help with this is greatly appreciated 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Aaron Harris

Re: Moodle Mobile crashing after SCORM completion

by Juan Leyva -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi,

are you building the app using Phonegap Build or ionic CLI tools?

Juan

In reply to Juan Leyva

by Aaron Harris -

The above problem I used Phonegap Build, but I've since changed it and used Ionic CLI to export another today which did crash the app entirely.  
I haven't changed any of the main code except for adding a custom help page, and changing the theme to company colours 

In reply to Aaron Harris

by Juan Leyva -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi again,

- have you tried with the latest version of the Mobile app (3.1.3)? I know that it seems to work with the official app but I'm asking you to double check here

- is your config.xml (the one for Phonegap build) updated with the latets changes we applied to ours?

https://github.com/moodlehq/moodlemobile-phonegapbuild/commits/master/config.xml

Juan

In reply to Juan Leyva

by Aaron Harris -

Yes, this build is the most recent release and has the config.xml that you said about.  

When pressing a button to exit the SCORM package, the app completely crashes and requires to be re-opened.  I'm not sure if the result is tracked back to the Moodle site or not though.  
This problem only seems to be happening with Articulate Storyline 2 so far - would it be something to do with that? 

In reply to Aaron Harris

by Juan Leyva -

Hi,

can you send us a SCORM package with the problem to mobile@moodle.com (please reference this post in the message)?

Juan