Quiz grades report

Quiz grades report

by Tom Jones -
Number of replies: 6

Hi all,

I am trying to remove the grades report chart named "Overall number of students achieving grade ranges" in the quiz grades report: https://docs.moodle.org/31/en/Quiz_grades_report.

I would like to do this as I have groups that I want to keep totally separate, so I don't want teacher from group A to even be aware that group B exists. At the moment the chart shows data from every student on the course when I only want the teachers to ever see data from their own group.

There is also the problem that clicking on each quiz says something like 'Attempts: 43 (3 from your groups)'. I'd prefer it to not state how many global attempts their are on the site and only how many attempts for each group. 

I know there's a fair bit here, I hope it all makes sense and someone can help me!

Thanks.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tom Jones

Re: Quiz grades report

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

If your course is set to force separate groups and you remove from the teacher role the capability to access all groups  (link)  - and  see also the relevant question in Groups FAQ - then you should be able to restrict teachers to only seeing the results of their own groups. However, they can still see the total number of attempts and I don't know how to remove that.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Tom Jones -

Hi Mary,

Thanks for your reply, these are the setting that I am currently using and the teachers can only see the results of their own group BUT I am still getting the graph of site wide results as well as the group results.

In reply to Tom Jones

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

This would take some code manipulation to achieve.  You could just hide the whole report...

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Showeing the overall grade distribution is a feature, not a bug. At least that was the thinking when this was implemented, but I can see why you might not want it.

I think the averages in the table will show a similar issue.

As others have said, this can only be changed with code modificaiotn in mod/quiz/report. (Should not be too hard if you konw a bit of PHP. Basically you just need to remove som chunks of code.)

Alternatively, if this does not need to be secure. You could probably do it by adding some display: none; CSS rules.