List of all activities on Moodle

List of all activities on Moodle

by Sumrah Khalid -
Number of replies: 3

Hello!

Can I generate a report that tells me the number of all activities on my Moodle site? 

Best,

Sumrah Khalid.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sumrah Khalid

Re: List of all activities on Moodle

by Elizabeth Dalton -

I am not sure which way you want to count activities. Are you looking for the number of different activity modules in use, or a count of how many times each activity module has been used, or some other result? You can use one of two plugins to create your own queries: Configurable Reports and Ad Hoc Queries. Both take the same format of SQL code. You can see many helpful examples here:

https://docs.moodle.org/31/en/ad-hoc_contributed_reports

Please have a look and if you have more specific questions about how to adapt one of these reports, post here and we will try to help.

In reply to Elizabeth Dalton

by Sumrah Khalid -

I am looking to count the number of activity modules in use. For example, 50 quizzes are being used on my Moodle site in all the courses. 

I went through the ad-hoc contributed reports page and could not find a specific one. 

In reply to Sumrah Khalid

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

It's not an ad hoc report, but you can see how many instances of activities have been added to your site if, as admin, you go to Site administration>Plugins>Manage activities. The 'Activities' column tells you how many activities for each, with links to the courses they are found in.

Average of ratings: Useful (3)