ESSENTIAL 3.1.1.2: mdl:3.1.2 | Grade item flicker in User Report

ESSENTIAL 3.1.1.2: mdl:3.1.2 | Grade item flicker in User Report

by Francisco Gómez -
Number of replies: 5

I am using Moodle 3.1.2+ (Build: 20161020) and theme_essential 3.1.1.2 (Build: 2016061711) 2016061711 and the problem I have that in the Grade Item in user Report the marks is hidden when the exercise is written in blue and I only can see it if I click and drop the mouse.

See the attachment

Regards,

Francisco.

(Edited by Mary Evans - added versions to title for clarity - original submission Saturday, 22 October 2016, 11:51 PM)

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Francisco Gómez

Re: Grade item in User Report

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Francisco,

Lucky I was just logging out and saw this.

The problem is bad styling...not sure where it has originated but bad all the same.

I thought the CSS I added might have worked but found it did not...so I removed it.

It's a very strange problem.  But easy to replicate.

Hopefully Gareth will be able to make some suggestions.

Cheers

Mary

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mary Evans

by Francisco Gómez -

Hi Mary,

Thank you a lot for your comments .

I also think that the problem is bad styling but I do not know how to solve it . I hope it will be correct it soon.

Cheers

Francisco.

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi,

If you enable the "Allow theme change in URL" which is a setting in 

Site administration > Appearance > Themes > Theme settings

You will be able to see how Clean theme works in that page by adding

&theme=clean 

at the end of the URL of that User Report page

You will find that the values do not flicker as you move the mouse over the page, so it is unclear why the flickering effect only happens in the Essential theme? I looked briefly at the generated CSS code for that page using FireBug, and found  large sections of CSS that appears to be styling "hover" as white text on an almost grey/white background. Then in other places the text colour is set to be white and in other areas the text colour is inherited, so that could be whatever settings are in the theme, who knows. That said those may be OK in some places where it is needed, but the knock on effect that the majority of that CSS is having on other areas not investigated could be just as bad as what you and I have found in that report page.

I hope this gets resolved soon too.

Mary

by Mary Evans -

Try this in

Site Administration > Appearance > Themes > Essential => General (Custom CSS section)

.path-grade-report-user .user-grade.generaltable .leveleven {
    background-color: #aabbcc;
}

Average of ratings: Useful (1)