Intermittent issue with Moodle 3.0.3

Re: Intermittent issue with Moodle 3.0.3

by Usman Asar -
Number of replies: 1
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

500 Errors are usually caused by PHP mis-configuration, have you tried changing PHP configuration file?

Have you installed PHP from WPI? --> looks like to me for the name mentioned "php55_via_fastcgi" is usually given by WPI installs.

Try this

Delete all the PHP and as well Module Mapping settings from IIS interface. Restart from scratch, also make sure you have both 32 and 64 bit versions of VC++ compiler installed. Download correct version (NTS - Non-Thread  Safe) and do the manual setup.

Also, make sure you're using correct version of MS-SQL php driver, not that it's performance is bad, but with PHP it's always recommended using MySQL/MariaDB, it also gives you freedom to move to Linux platform without a hitch should you need to in future.

if you can spare sometime, Do have a look at blog post HERE,  though is for IIS 8.5 on Server 2012 R2, but set up method remains the  same.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Usman Asar

Re: Intermittent issue with Moodle 3.0.3

by Kim McGee -
Thanks Usman.

We no longer get 500 errors; only white screen now.

We've noticed that just prior to the whitescreen, a 5013 event is logged in the system logs.  5013 is A process serving application pool 'moodle' exceeded time limits during shut down. The process id was '1632'.

The shutdown time limit for that app pool was 90 seconds and I increased it to 120 last week.  This morning was our first episode since upping that limit.

Any suggestions other than PHP?  (yes, I have made modifications to php.ini based on findings from other postings and from your video modified the opcache settings)   I worked through the manual php installation in our test site but haven't implemented in production.   What do you have against WPI?