Publish to Moodle.net error

Publish to Moodle.net error

by Troy Patterson -
Number of replies: 6

Good day. I'm working on publish some courses to the Moodle.net hub. However, every time that I publish the course, I get an error message. The message is "A publication error has been returned by the hub. Please try again later." This message occurs after I've entered all of the information about the course. 

In other words, I've:

1. Clicked on Publish under Course Administration
  2. Clicked on Share this course for people to download
  3. Selected the Moodle.net hub
  4. Clicked on Upload this course to a hub
  5. Completed all of the necessary fields
  6. Clicked on the Upload this course to Moodle.net

At this point, I get the dreaded error above. 

I've unregistered the site and registered it. I consistently get the message above. 

Any thoughts or suggestions are greatly appreciated. 

The courses are available at http://atep.techlit.org/ 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Troy Patterson

Re: Publish to Moodle.net error

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello Troy. Thanks for reporting your problem with uploading courses to Moodle.net. I look after the site and I see that there is a site called http://edit.techlit.org/  registered but I don't see a site called http://atep.techlit.org/ registered. Are these two sites connected at all? If you know about the first site, should I delete the registration of the first one to see if that helps?

Could you tell us which version of Moodle your site is running?

Could you try re-registering atep.techlit as I no longer see it in the list? 

Could you also turn on debugging on your site and see what extra error message you get? 

Thanks a lot for your help smile

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Troy Patterson -

Thank you so much for the wonderful response. We do have multiple sites (we've worked through several iterations of the site). I unregistered and waited over night. Then I registered and TA DA, I was able to publish the course. 

I LOVE the support and sense of community. (I usually bother Mr. Chris Kenniburg to solve my issues). 

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Oh smile Glad it worked this time around! I had already started looking for tracker issues in case it didn't.  I'm going to send you a message separately about your course on Moodle.netsmile

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Troy Patterson -

Well, apparently, it didn't work. I've received notice that the folder was empty upon upload. 

I've unpublished the course. 

When I try to publish the course again, I get the same dreaded "A publication error has been returned by the hub. Please try again later." error. 

Moodle version: 2016052301.01
Moodle release: 3.1.1+ (Build: 20160714)

by Mary Cooch -

Hello again Troy. I'm wondering if it is to do with the size of your backup file, which I understand is very large. I will explore this with the developers on Monday morning; in the meantime, please accept my apologies for the delay in sharing your course.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Troy Patterson -

Thank you. I do understand the size. We worked to reduce the size down so that it was within the guidelines. I'm am a bit concerned because we actually see the error message prior to walking through the back up selection process. If there is anything that we can do to help support you and your team, please let me know.