checking for new versions of plugins

checking for new versions of plugins

by Albert Ramsbottom -
Number of replies: 3

Should I check for new versions of plugins, using the plugins check page after an upgrade or should I check by hand and add any new plugins mods etc to the Moodle tree by hand before I run the CLI upgrade??

Cheers

Albert

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Albert Ramsbottom

Re: checking for new versions of plugins

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Upgrade and use the plugins page during the upgrade process wink

In reply to Albert Ramsbottom

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Just 'discovered' ... had a version 2.9.highest and using git to upgrade to 3.0.highest.   Upgrade via command line scripts actually failed.    Surprise to me!    First time in a very long time.   Cause: 3.x does much better inspection of plugin compatibility.   After running php admin/cli/upgrade.php --non-interactive script did upgrade some of the tables, but stopped with error when reaching that in-compat plugin.    So had new core code and the db somewhere in updating but not all the way.

Lesson learned ... check addons via browser *before* all upgrades from lower series to higher series.   For sites that were 2.9.highest and upgrading to 3.0.highest as long as all plugins were compat, no issues.

'spirit of sharing', Ken

In reply to Ken Task

by Albert Ramsbottom -

Ah thanks Ken

This was kind of why I was asking as I thought although obvious it might not be so straight forward to upgrade and use the CLI

Cheers