Assign roles in System only roles available: Manager & Course creator

Assign roles in System only roles available: Manager & Course creator

by Bernat Martinez -
Number of replies: 8

Moodle 3.1.1

When trying to assign roles in System the only roles available are Manager & Course creator.

I think  than in older versions all roles were available. 

Is there any place to increase the number of roles or it is fixed?

Thanks in advance

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Bernat Martinez

Re: Assign roles in System only roles available: Manager & Course creator

by A. Obeid -

hi,

go to: Users->Permissions->Define roles : edit your role and

Context types where this role may be assigned
[checkButton] System

and save changes

In reply to A. Obeid

by Bernat Martinez -

Thanks a lot, I couldn't find it. 

Anyway it didn't solve the issue. My intention was to allow automatic access to all courses to some participants with non editing teacher role. 

But, it seems that I have to enrol these persons manually one by one                                 

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

How do you define "some participants" if not by selecting them one by one?

In reply to Howard Miller

by Bernat Martinez -

I have selected one by one when adding them to the system-non editing teacher role. 

But when they want to enter to the course, it says that they are no enrolled in that course. So I have to enrol one by one in every course

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Bernat -if you really need to assign non-editing teachers to all courses then read the section on assigning teachers a site wide role in the documentation on Teacher role You can do the same for the non-editing teacher role, and it also has the same caveats.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Bernat Martinez -

Sorry Mary, I must be missing something. 

When I'm follow the instructions and try to enter to the course, it says "You can not enrol yourself in this course". 

It seems that having the role for that course/category, doesn't mean you are already enrolled in the course, The admin has to enrol him or  have a self-enrolment set up

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Sorry - that documentation doesn't make it clear. Try this FAQ about adding teachers sitewide (direct link) 

The key is to ensure they have the capability moodle/course:view set to Allow.