Anyone with experience using assignment upgrade helper with moodle 3.1?

Anyone with experience using assignment upgrade helper with moodle 3.1?

by Diane Soini -
Number of replies: 0

Followed instructions here:

https://docs.moodle.org/31/en/Assignment_upgrade_tool#Restoring_course_backups_from_Moodle_2.2_and_older

The old assignment module version that comes with moodle 3.1 is much higher than the version they tell you to download. I couldn't seem to downgrade to the older version they tell you to download so I used the one that comes in a standard moodle 3.1 installation.

I followed the instructions: turned on the assignment 2.2 module, restored a 1.9 course containing assignments. The restore doesn't complete. I get an error "Table "backup_ids_temp" does not exist." However, the course does appear to be restored successfully anyway. Visiting the assignment upgrade helper shows no assignments need to be upgraded.

Tried the restore process without enabling the older assignment module. There are no errors, the restore process completes without errors. The assignment upgrade helper shows no assignments need to be upgraded. However the assignments appear to have been restored successfully anyway.

I've tested this over and over with real 1.9 moodle courses restoring into moodle 3.1 and no matter what I do I cannot get broken assignments or assignments that need to be upgraded.

Furthermore, we have an old 2.5.7 moodle installation that we use to fix old assignments. Oddly the assignment upgrade helper only works if we keep the old assignment module turned off. So I'm wondering if the documentation about using the helper is simply wrong.

We also have a 2.8 moodle installation. Restoring 1.9 moodle courses with assignments results in errors. The assignments do not restore. The procedure we've been using is to run the old 1.9 courses through our old moodle 2.5.7 system to fix the assignments before importing to our 2.8 moodle. We plan to move to moodle 3.1 and I'm having a hard time determining if we'll still need to do this two-step procedure.

Is the assignment upgrade helper for 3.1 broken? No longer needed? Anyone have any experience with this?

Average of ratings: -