Grid Format for Courses - Upgrade Help

Grid Format for Courses - Upgrade Help

by Lee Daymond -
Number of replies: 2

Hi all, just a heads up bit new to this so thanks in advance.

Basically the grid option isn't available and found that I need to install the Grid plugin from the community site. Have downloaded the zip and tried to install via the admin > plugins > install plugin route. Have also tried FTP into the course format folder and ensure permissions are set correctly. And get the following:

Validating format_grid ... Error
  [Error] Required Moodle version [2016052300.00] 
Installation aborted due to validation failure
From reading the forums it appears that I need to upgrade my version of Moodle? (currently running 3.0.2). Firstly just wanted to check is this correct?

If this is the case, I have read the pages on upgrading Moodle so far and couple of videos, however still a little uncertain. I have my Moodle page set up as a page under my website (www.getsomeforesight.com/learninghub) knowing which folders/how to back up is a little confusing through the control panel as have purchased an easy edit theme (Roshni) and don't want to lose this and all existing course/users etc.

Anyone offer a little direction please.

Thanks, Lee.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Lee Daymond

Re: Grid Format for Courses - Upgrade Help

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

"Don't raise the bridge, lower the river"... you could always download the correct version of the plugin for your version of Moodle: https://moodle.org/plugins/pluginversions.php?plugin=format_grid wink

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Howard Miller

Re: Grid Format for Courses - Upgrade Help

by Lee Daymond -

Excellent stuff! Thank you very much. No doubt I'l be peppering the community with all sorts over coming weeks. Much appreciated.