Custom Landing Front Page

Custom Landing Front Page

by Jason Absolom -
Number of replies: 4

I would like to have my front page display some content to visitors but not have this display to users that are logged in. I'm using the latest version of Moodle.

Basically I am using just the Login page as default with some custom text as a workaround but what I would like to do is have the front page as an "advert" for the courses available for visitors but have a content article that details the user must fill in an application form to gain access to the site (displays an embedded google form). 

I have tried adding a static page but it displays as a "link" instead of just a page. I can fill in a description and have that display as I like but if I try and hide this for registered users (with a rule such as "user must NOT have an email" then it simply displays the user is not allowed to access this when they log in instead of hiding completely. 

Is there a simple way?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jason Absolom

Re: Custom Landing Front Page

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Does the Teaching with Moodle tip: Show a different front page to guests and to logged in users help?

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Jason Absolom -

Sorry, no. I followed that guide and that is where it creates the issue that if a user is logged in the page that displays on the front still displays within but says "You must NOT have an email address to view this content" and the page link is greyed out. 

If there is an option to hide elements that a user does not have access too then that would fix the issue and open up some more possibilities. 

In reply to Jason Absolom

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Did you remember to click the 'eye' icon to hide thevmessage completely?
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Jason Absolom -

Ha

Funnily enough I was going through the moodle documentation just today and came over this that I completely overlooked and it's exactly what I was missing. 

Thanks for your feedback, I now have what I need to press on and have noted that down in my growing list of hints... Thankfully I come from a Joomla background so having a bazillion options for every nut and bolt is pretty familiar to me.