Can't get gradebook publishing to work on Moodle 3.1.2

Re: Can't get gradebook publishing to work on Moodle 3.1.2

by Gerald Grow -
Number of replies: 1

I have some details on this problem.

(1) I set up identical Moodle 3.1.2+ installs, one on the old server and one one the new server. On the old server, I can publish/export the gradebooks the way I'd expect to.

On the new server, I get the error message mentioned.

(2) If I publish/export only a portion of the gradebook (it is a large gradebook, with around 250 columns), I succeed with up to about 130 columns. Above that, the error happens. I can choose any 130 grades and it works. The graded items themselves do not seem to be causing the problem.

(3) I suspect the large gradebook is overloading some parameter on the new server, which needs to be enlarged. 

Does anybody have a guess as to what that could be? All the obvious settings are identical between the two servers -- especially php.ini in Moodle and on the server itself. 

The new server does have opcache installed, which the old, working server does not.

In reply to Gerald Grow

Re: Can't get gradebook publishing to work on Moodle 3.1.2

by Gerald Grow -

Here's the SOLUTION so far:

Tech support at LiquidWeb (our webhost) found that by disabling the PHP extension Suhosin, Grade Publishing worked.

I do not know if disabling Suhosin could cause other problems.

The server that was giving the problem with Grade Publishing had these specs:

CentOS 7, 4GB RAM, PHP 5.6.25, MySQL 5.6.33. It contained all the PHP extensions recommended in the Moodle installation.