Error Searching for Youtube Video

Error Searching for Youtube Video

by Shin Hiorie -
Number of replies: 6

Hi GoodDay,

Dear All, I got this strange message from Moodle 2.8 3 days back. No adjustment done to the app  however the error just suddenly appear.

How can I track for any clue on this FilePicker error ?

filepicker

Anyone gone through the same problem before ?

Tq

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Shin Hiorie

Re: Error Searching for Youtube Video

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello,

The YouTube repository works in Moodle 2.8.7 and 2.9.1 onwards ONLY, as an API key is now required (MDL-50176).

In reply to Helen Foster

by Shin Hiorie -

Hi Halen,

I'm using 2.8.1, however I've made a custom patching to the code to support the youtube API. Its  working fine after the patching ( somewhere in 1st quarter of the year if i'm not mistaken )

Got no clue from web error log. Would it show any clue if I turn on the debugging ? Seems this is  from filepicker.

Tq for your time.

a

In reply to Shin Hiorie

by Shin Hiorie -

Hi All,

Turn on the debugger mode I got the below stack trace error message. ( refer attachment )

I've check the code in repository/youtube/lib.php line 194 as below :

188         } catch (Google_Service_Exception $e) {
189             // If we throw the google exception as-is, we may expose the apikey
190             // to end users. The full message in the google exception includes
191             // the apikey param, so we take just the part pertaining to the
192             // actual error.
193             $error = $e->getErrors()[0]['message'];
194             throw new moodle_exception('apierror', 'repository_youtube', '', $error);
195         }
196         return $list;

when i've change the 193 line to $error = $e->getMessage(); the error dialog return Invalid json in service response: ( refer attachment )

Appreciate your guide guys.

* I think this thread in wrong category ... I saw Repository category just now .. sorry for this.

Tq

Attachment youtuberepo.jpg
In reply to Shin Hiorie

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Sorry I can't help with the debugging message, however I have moved the discussion thread into the Repositories forum.

In reply to Shin Hiorie

by Shin Hiorie -

Good Day All,

Its seems that there issue with Google API connection. Does now Google API connection must be from  Google Client version 2.0 above ?

My check my moodle current API client is 1.0.5-beta ( info from lib/google/readme_moodle.txt )

Hoping you guys can give me some lights here.

Tqvm