Educational issue

Re: Educational issue

by Christopher McCool -
Number of replies: 0

I think you need to define things a bit more if you want to facilitate this discussion. What do you define as "traditional ways of learning"? There are many methods and approaches even within "traditional" methods and, as far as I can tell, they all have a corresponding method that can fit into an e-classroom platform depending on time invested in development and dedication to the process.

I have found that the biggest loss as an educator is the ability to engage younger groups of students in experiences that are collaborative and tactile. That's not to say there aren't way to modify the experience to be similar, however, the inability to guarantee that I'm holding a young one's attention or the inability to work in a remote group as learners have been the only real barriers I've faced. That being said, forcing students to work and struggle with working in a remote group situation is actually far better training for modern work and higher educational environments than most "traditional" methods of learning I have encountered. In fact, I have yet to see a so-called traditional curriculum that adequately addresses this shortcoming in modern collaborative learning/working environments.