General developer forum

SyntaxError: Illegal Character on minified jquery on Assignment Grading Moodle 3.1

Picture of Daniel Neis Araujo
SyntaxError: Illegal Character on minified jquery on Assignment Grading Moodle 3.1
Core developersParticularly helpful MoodlersPlugin developersTranslators

Hello,

I am running a Moodle 3.1.2+ (2016052302.07) with PHP Version 7.0.11-1

The problem occurs when trying to give grades to students, URL like moodle/mod/assign/view.php?id=XYZ&userid=ZYX&action=grader

It says "illegal character", and it seems the problem is with && character that are missing an empty space before them.

I am attaching a screenshot of the error.
I already reset the cache (both via web interface and cli) and the theme cache. I tried with elegance theme and also the Clean theme.

There are some non-default plugins installed, like poodll submission.

Anyone facing similar problems?

Any ideas for solution?

Kind regards,

Daniel

Average of ratings: -
Re: SyntaxError: Illegal Character on minified jquery on Assignment Grading Moodle 3.1

Nobody faced this problem before?

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
Re: SyntaxError: Illegal Character on minified jquery on Assignment Grading Moodle 3.1

Hello,

I've found that what was causing the page not to load was the Poodll submission and other plugins that were not updated. I've removed the Poodll plugins and everything works now. Later will try to update to latest version and see if works.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
Picture of Chris Fryer
Particularly helpful Moodlers

Many thanks, Daniel.

I upgraded to the 3.x versions of the Poodll plug-ins and the problem no longer occurs.

Average of ratings: -