Hotpot Finishes too fast in the last question

Hotpot Finishes too fast in the last question

by Francisco Gómez -
Number of replies: 7

That the student cannot see the feedback. Is there any setting that we can modify this behaviour? 

i am using Moodle 3.1.2+ (Build: 20160929) and Hotpot 2016-10-06 (00) 2016100600

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Francisco Gómez

Re: Hotpot Finishes too fast in the last question

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Francisco,
Set the "Delay 3" setting to "Wait till student clicks OK" (see screenshot)

Regards,
Gordon

Attachment HotPot.delay3.png
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Gordon Bateson

by Francisco Gómez -

Thanks a lot Gordon . That's what I wanted. 

Regards,

Francisco.

In reply to Francisco Gómez

by Kickstart School -

Thank you, Gordon. 

Is there a way to change these settings site-wide for all the HotPots on our Moodle site, without having to go through and change them all individually? As I think these settings automatically switched site-wide when we upgraded our Moodle to 3.1, so is there a way to switch them back site-wide?

Is there also a way to change the default settings, so that when we add new HotPots, we don't have to change the Access Control each time?

I look forward to hearing from you. Thank you.

Kind regards,

Kickstart School.

In reply to Kickstart School

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

At the moment, the only way I know to change all settings across the site would be to update the database directly using your favorite database management tool.

It looks as if the database default for that field is "2", and so I think this would be what is usedfor a new HotPot activity.

What setting is currently displayed for you for this field when you create a new HotPot activity?

If you are using TaskChain, then you could specify a value for a TaskChain setting across the entire site using the "Edit chains" page. However, there is currently no equivalent functionality in the HotPot module.

In reply to Gordon Bateson

by Kickstart School -

Dear Gordon,

I have come across something related with fast redirect with HotPots/TaskChains that I can't figure out. 

I can now change the time delay at the end of a single HotPot quiz by setting the delay to 'do not continue automatically', as you indicated (see screenshot).

However, I cannot find this same option on the TaskChain editing page. It only shows time delays between attempts, etc. (see screenshot).

Could you please point me in the right direction?

Thank you!

Kind regards,

Kickstart School

Attachment hotpot time delay.png
Attachment taskchain time delay.png
In reply to Kickstart School

by Gordon Bateson -

Hello,

The page in your screenshot is the settings page for a TaskChain activity, and as you have discovered, the setting that you seek is not on that page ;-(

Please go to the settings for any of the tasks in your chain and look for the "Delay 3" setting in the "Time restrictions" section of the form. (see screenshot below).

Of course, you do NOT need to go to each task change the delay3 setting. Instead, you can just change one and then go to the "Edit tasks" page (see screenshot), 

and from there change that setting for all the tasks in that chain (see screenshot), on in that course, or even on the entire site. Sweet!

Gordon