setting up completion reporting with a SCORM course?

Re: setting up completion reporting with a SCORM course?

by David Lectora -
Number of replies: 3

This usually depends on the authoring software that you use to create the SCORM package. I believe that most authoring software lets you define a criteria of when the student has "completed" the training. Which authoring software are you using to make your SCORM package?

For example, here are some helpful links for Articulate Storyline:

https://www.articulate.com/support/storyline/when-content-communicates-completion-to-an-lms-304

https://community.articulate.com/discussions/articulate-storyline/completion-and-tracking-storyline-course-in-articulate-online

In reply to David Lectora

by Jason X -

Appreciate the response. I've gotten the variable numbers to record in the grade report of Moodle. However, I'm having a problem getting the actual course in moodle to say "completed". I've changed the grade settings to Learning Objects but still even if I reach the threshold of the grade (ie. 15/100) the course won't be completed even though I've set the threshold in course completion settings.

Any idea why the SCORM package won't say completed in moodle's courses? 

In reply to Jason X

by Melanie Scott -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Still don't know what you use.  I use lectora and you have to add a variable at the end that changes a status to completed.  I also use captivate and you have to tell it specifically when to say completed (and you have to check the box!). 

You might not be happy with Learning Objects, especially if you have grades.  I never use it. I spent a chunk of time fighting with it, finally figured out what it did and decided I didn't want to use it.  Now I don't remember what it does, just that I don't use it.  Probably not helpful but there you go.

I actually don't usually check the completed box in Moodle, I require a grade...if you've got a grade requirement, make sure your quizzes inside are reporting (I frequently have a condition at the end of my course when there is more than one quiz that if each one is passed, then it marks completed--in Lectora, I haven't done any this detailed in Captivate) and you can even have it total the scores and average across (in the scorm), then you overwrite the final grade with the total average.

In reply to Melanie Scott

by Jason X -

Thanks for the response. I'm using ZebraZapps (but I used to use lectora, i've transferred all my apps over to it). It's really strange, so I've actually set up the grade requirement and my quizzes are reporting the correct grade when it is completed. I have users that have 15 or 20 on their score (20 is the max on my courses for the quiz) and it still isn't recording completed.

Is there any other setting you have active in Lectora?