Assignment grading page, 3.0

Assignment grading page, 3.0

by Velson Horie -
Number of replies: 3

When grading an individual assignment, the page has large boxes for Feedback comments and Feedback files.  The comments box in particular fills most of the space on the page, but I never use it. All my comments are made in annotations to the submission or a supplementary file.

Is there any way to reduce the size of the comments box (to a single line) so I do not have to continuously scroll past it up and down to copy files, insert grades etc?

It is a small irritation for one submission, but is frustrating after 40.

In general, there is a lot of white space on the page, which just dilutes the working area with white mist.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Velson Horie

Re: Assignment grading page, 3.0

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

What theme and can you provide a screenshot?

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Velson Horie -

Sorry, I had copied a screen shot into the message box, but it seems to have been lost in transmission.  I have excluded from the screen shot, below, a further 7 lines at the top of the page which could identify the student.

It is only by zooming out so much I cannot easily read the small letters in big boxes, that I can fit the page on my desktop screen.  And it is far worse on my laptop which I use when marking on trains etc.

A far more compact page design is needed to enable more flexible use.  If possible, the various input boxes should automatically expand (or shrink) to fit the content.

Attachment 2016-10-10_203634.png
In reply to Velson Horie

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

What theme are you using?   It should be responsive and automatically fit to your screen unless you are using an older theme...In 3.1 there is a whole new interface that you might want to consider..