Verifying online the 10-digit code of random letters and numbers

Verifying online the 10-digit code of random letters and numbers

by Frankie Kam -
Number of replies: 1
Picture of Plugin developers

For my certificates, I have enabled the "unique 10-digit code of random letters and numbers can be printed on the certificate." The help text states, "This number can then be verified by comparing it to the code number displayed in the certificates report".

My question is this: instead of manually verifying the code by logging in as the Teacher and by clicking on the link:

..to view the list of Certificates awarded to, date received, grade and the Code, etc.,

Is there a way for the Teacher to just enter (type in) the Code (in the example is jrXFBEhjGO) into an input box somewhere, and for the system to output the Awarded to, Date Received, Grade and the Code data?

I am thinking along the lines of a Moodle database activity or the Moodle Dataform  activity.

Regards
Frankie Kam
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Frankie Kam

Re: Verifying online the 10-digit code of random letters and numbers

by Frankie Kam -
Picture of Plugin developers

Haha! Well, well what do you know. I found the Verify Certificate block by Manieer Chhettri in the Moodle downloads. 

Here's the result of entering a 10-digit letter/number code into the input box, followed by clicking the "Verify" button.

Yabadabadoo!! That's why I love Moodle!!!

Average of ratings: Useful (1)