Assignment notification?

Assignment notification?

by Ian L -
Number of replies: 6

Hi~

I have been looking but I can't find where this is. Students submit assignments, but I don't get any notification or know when they do. How can I change this?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ian L

Re: Assignment notification?

by Zhivko Z -

Ian,

I had the problem of not getting notifications for assignment submissions. After trying to figure it out for a couple of days - I realized that I had to assign myself (the System Administrator) a Teacher role for that class. Then I started receiving the notifications. Hope this helps.

In reply to Zhivko Z

by Ian L -

Thanks. So I went to:

course admin>users>enrol user (me admin)>assign role>

It lists me now as a student and teacher in the course. Is this correct?

In reply to Ian L

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Not sure why you would want a student role in the course- I would remove that and just keep the teacher role.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Ian L -

Right thank you.

I was wondering too if you comment on a student's assignment do they receive a notification of the comment?

In reply to Ian L

by Zhivko Z -

You need to do some settings under the Assignment, also on Plugins-Activities-Assignment. Then, when you grade the assignment - make sure that "notify student" is clicked.

Not sure how to make them receive your comment. I think they just receive an email that the teacher has posted a feedback. Then, they need to log in and see the grade and the comment/feedback.

In reply to Zhivko Z

by Ian L -

O.k. thanks. I haven't been giving them a grade for the assignments. I was looking for a more automatic way of giving them assignments without having to correct them, such as with a word count which I couldn't find but maybe there is no way around it and have to grade them.

Is there a way to give them a pass or fail versus a grade?