How to change front page permissions

How to change front page permissions

by Jane Smith -
Number of replies: 2

Hi,

I am struggling to change the permissions settings on an employee's profile so that they can edit the front page.

I've gone into front page settings, users, permissions, then assigned permissions and changed her front page role from authenticated user to course administrator, but it doesn't appear to have changed anything. She still can't edit the front page. I am working with the essential Moodle PermissionsMoodle theme.

Can any one offer me some advice?

Kind regards

Jane

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jane Smith

Re: How to change front page permissions

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Jane,

I just tried on https://demo.moodle.net/ (and you're welcome to try too) logging in as admin, then in the front page settings assigning the role of teacher in the front page (as you did) to the account Terri Teacher, then logging out and logging in as Terri. I was then able to edit the front page.

It sounds from your description that your role of course administrator maybe doesn't have sufficient permissions?

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Jane Smith

Re: How to change front page permissions

by John Provasnik -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

To piggy back, does the course administrator role have both of these permission set to yes?

• moodle/course:manageactivities
• moodle/course:update

You can check this here:  front page settings, users, permissions.

Are there any conflicting Font Page role permissions (ie. Authenticated User Role with these 2 permissions set to Prevent)?