ELIS Oddities and Miscellaneous Questions

ELIS Oddities and Miscellaneous Questions

by Chardelle Busch -
Number of replies: 1
Picture of Core developers

Every now and then I run across something strange with ELIS and hopefully someone can help me out with an answer. (I have ELIS installed in several sites and these things do not occur across all sites).. Currently running Moodle 2.8. 

1.  Is there anything in the system that will delete scheduled reports?  Someone had setup several schedule reports which subsequently disappeared.  I can see them still in the local_eliscore_wkflow_inst table, but not in the local_elisreports_schedule table.  What?   (These were NOT set with an ending date). 

2.  On one site, the admin insists that the ELIS Custom Profile fields which are set to be synced to Use values from Moodle, need to be re-synced.  He says that new user's data shows the profile field default instead of what they chose in their profile (menu fields as Long text type).   Any ideas on this?

Thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Chardelle Busch

Re: ELIS Oddities and Miscellaneous Questions

by Chardelle Busch -
Picture of Core developers

I still don't know what happened in 1. above.  However here are a few things I have found out.

1.  If something isn't working correctly, as in 2. above, make sure the site cron is running.  Even though cron was setup, it was not running, running it manually fixed some things.

2.  It seems like ELIS cron can be stopped by error messages.  One thing that I have found on some sites is that if they have set up a Program with required courses and prerequisites, and then have allowed users to also self enroll in those Moodle courses, it will cause problems.  ELIS cron puts up an error similar to Exception - John Doe (jdoe) has one or more unsatisfied prerequisites for course description "this would be for example course 2 in the program".  John Doe was not complete in course 1 but had self-enrolled into the Moodle course 2.  Make sure than ELIS is the only enrollment method in those Moodle courses.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)