Allow Non-Editing Teachers to edit user profiles

Allow Non-Editing Teachers to edit user profiles

by stn user -
Number of replies: 3

Hello,

Is it possible to allow Non-Editing teachers to edit users profiles only for students enrolled in their course(s)?

They need to be able to edit the "ID Number" field.

I tried setting “user:editprofile” and “user:viewalldetails” to "Allow" but it did not work.

I also tried creating a system role with minimum privileges (“user:editprofile”, "user:update" and “user:viewalldetails”) but I do not see the list of users.

Also, I do not want to allow them to see and edit all users in the system.  The system role may not be a good idea.

Is there any work around?

Thank you so much.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to stn user

Re: Allow Non-Editing Teachers to edit user profiles

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello,

Unfortunately it is not possible to allow non-editing teachers to edit user profiles without allowing them to see and edit all users in the system.

In reply to Helen Foster

by stn user -

Hi Helen,

Thank you for getting back to me.

Have a good day!

In reply to stn user

by stn user -

Helen,

I have one more question.

I am referring to the "Test Reports and Results" section.

By default the screen displays the following fields: "Last Name", "First Name" and "Email Address" + the grades for each Section and the Total.

1) Is it possible to display a Custom field in this screen?

2) Is it possible to add a search box in this page (similar to the one in the Browse List of Users)?

3) Is it possible to change the page size from 20 records per page to a higher number?

Test administrators are going to have to search through hundreds, and eventually thousands, of candidates.

It would be very helpful for them to be able to search by some ID rather than Last Name.  I will also help if they can select the page size.

Please let me know if there any ways to accomplish this.

I appreciate your help.