Making past results available during quiz attempts

Making past results available during quiz attempts

by Sarah Strover -
Number of replies: 3

Hopefully I'll be able to explain myself adequately here!

I'm trying to set a quiz up where students will be able to not only see their answers from previous attempts, but to see whether those answers were correct - I was hoping that deferred feedback plus each attempt building on the last would give me the result I was looking for, but it's only showing previous responses and not whether or not they were right. 

The aim of the quiz is to test the safeguarding knowledge of new staff members, and Personnel have told me that in an ideal world, individuals taking the test would only have to go back and redo the questions they got wrong first time round. I'm fairly sure that's not an option, but I'm trying to replicate this scenario as closely as possible.

The only question types featured are multiple choice and true/false, so that part at least is simple.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sarah Strover

Re: Making past results available during quiz attempts

by Kim Salinas -
Picture of Testers

Hi Sarah

You should be able to do this with the Quiz settings. It sounds like your Review options need to be checked (go into the quiz > Administration block > Quiz administration > Edit settings > Review options). You may also want to play around with the Allow redo within an attempt option too.

Happy Moodling!

In reply to Kim Salinas

by Sam Mudle -

I do this all of the time.

I create a quiz and give them 5 days to complete it.  They can take the quiz as many times as they wish until the close date.

1. Set to accept the highest score of all attempts.
  2. Leave it at unlimited retakes.
  3. Make sure you set the SHUFFLE questions to YES.
  4. Set the delay of the quiz re-take to 1 hour. (other wise they will just retake like crazy)
  5. Set the feedback to IMMEDIATE instead of DEFERRED. I kinda like this so they can check if an answer is correct immediately.
  6. Uncheck "display correct answer" for all except when the quiz is closed.
  7. Each attempt builds on test set to NO (muhahaha)

Shuffling the questions makes it a little tougher to cheat from their friends, but I don't really care one way or the other.

You can see that this student took the quiz 3 times.  So basically I'm forcing them to study.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Sarah Strover

by Allison White -

Hi Sarah

I am trying to do exactly the same thing and can't find the solution.  

Quiz has 2 attempts, second builds on first.

Have tried tweaking the 'review options' so that the student could see their mark and therefore know if it was correct and that they did not need to re-attempt that question - however I can't get this to happen.

Also, does the marker need to re-mark all questions - even ones that scored full marks in the quiz as we can't seem to carry the marks forward into the re-attempt if that makes sense?  All the questions seem to need re-grading....

Very puzzled.