Restrict access

Restrict access

by sushumna rao -
Number of replies: 6

Hi,

I would like to make visible /enable certain activities to all non editing teachers in a course. Is there a way we can do in bulk action.

As of now I am adding a restriction access as- user profile must match emaild ID:****@****.***

This is a tidious process as I have to do for each user sad. Is there any other way I can do it.

Please advice on this.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to sushumna rao

Re: Restrict access

by Suraj Kumar -

I think, rather than doing it on email profile field that is unique for each user, you might choose common profile field like Institution, Department or any other custom (common) profile field to set/configure restricted access on activities.

You must be beware with such profile field data to ensure access to only valid users but it might decrease your overhead of dealing with the individual user data.

Thanks.

In reply to Suraj Kumar

by sushumna rao -

Hi Suraj,

As teachers ans students belong to same institution this may not work, I am trying other ways, will get back once I do, thanks for the reply.

In reply to sushumna rao

by Suraj Kumar -

Thanks for replying. What I was saying, can we create a profile field 'isFaculty' to differentiate users and faculties by their profile information and then set access restriction on that field.

You might other create other profile field that would be common to all faculties.

Post your idea once you have done!!!

Thanks.

In reply to sushumna rao

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

If you can put them all in a group then you can make those activities available to (only) that group.

In reply to Howard Miller

by sushumna rao -
Group might help, I am trying to do so, let me check and get back.
In reply to Howard Miller

by sushumna rao -

Yes, It worked.

But all of them must be students. I need to keep non editing teachers in a group and give accesses to certain activities only to them.