A Really Hard Question

A Really Hard Question

by Doug Moody -
Number of replies: 0

Hello,

We have just implemented LTI, and I have run into a tough question that I have no solution for...

The screenshot below is of one of my students who are enrolled into Moodle from an LTI provider. Notice that the username is a hash, and the first name and last name are components of that hash.

What I need is to identify the actual student names that are associated with the hash and first and last names and fill out that information so that the users can be identified in their profiles. If students fill this information out in their profiles, the next time they log in through LTI, their names get written over and replaced again with the LTI information.

I do know who these students are, but short of typing their identities in manually in alternate fields, I have found that I cannot import them as a user upload .csv file. Why? Because moodle requires that the username, firstname, lastname, and email address be provided so that other fields can be populated. But of course, I cannot know what the hash is.

Tied into this problem I also found that any fields I create cannot be uploaded to. For example, I created two new profile fields called fname and lname. Upload users doesn't recognize those as legitimate fields.

Is there a solution to this dilemma? If so, please help me! Thanks in advance.

Attachment Capture.JPG
Average of ratings: -