Database table settings accurate but is not reflected in Moodle web interface

Database table settings accurate but is not reflected in Moodle web interface

by Michael Buchanan -
Number of replies: 3

I have just installed Moodle 3.1.2 and I am having trouble getting the recycle bin turned on.  When I go to https://mysite.org/admin, the new settings Recycle Bin page is shown but I can not update it.  It shows that they Recycling Bin is turned on. 

But, if I go to Site Administration-Plugins-Admin tools - Recycle Bin, nothing is turned on and when I enable the recycle bin, and click the Save changes button, nothing gets saved.  Here are the amounts that I put into the page, to be compared with the mdl_config_plugins figures below.

Notice that at the mdl_config_plugins table, the changes are being saved every time.  

This same type of problem happened with me when I tried to update the Assignment file submission file size limit when I was using Moodle 3.0.4.  It was being saved correctly in the database but not displaying or behaving correctly in the Moodle application.  When I did the uprgrade to Moodle 3.1.2, that problem was fixed but now this one has popped up sad

Does anyone have any ideas what could be causing this and the solution?

Thanks!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Michael Buchanan

Re: Database table settings accurate but is not reflected in Moodle web interface

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Switch on Debugging (right up to Developer). Try again. Do you see any additional messages? You will probably (also) need to check your web server's error log. 

In reply to Howard Miller

Re: Database table settings accurate but is not reflected in Moodle web interface

by Michael Buchanan -
It appears it was an owner/permissions issue.  I made sure that the owner of the core file and moodledata folders was correct as well as 755 permissions on files and folders.  I suppose that must have been it!

In reply to Michael Buchanan

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

In Moodle 3.1, the recycle bin remains hidden unless there is something in it that might need to be recycled. Have you tried deleting something to see if it shows up?

Also, I have occasionally had a problem of changes not seeming to show up until I went to Administration > Site administration > Development and clicked on Purge all caches. You may also see and use Purge all caches, at the bottom of a Moodle page.