Restricted access denied error Message

Restricted access denied error Message

by Nip Weer -
Number of replies: 6

Hi,

I have created a course in Moodle with couple of tabs. All tabs based on Grouping security setup. 

how can I change the error message that will display when a user click on a tab that he doesn't have access. 

Currently it showing like bellow,

Sorry but permission to do this (View hidden sections) is not given here. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX <-- I would like to remove this part.

Thanks.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Nip Weer

Re: Restricted access denied error Message

by Just H -

Not sure what all the Xs is?

Why not just hide the tab instead.

In reply to Just H

by Nip Weer -

Hi Just H,

How can we hide the tab , could you please help me.

I have different groupings such as G1,G2,G3. I want G1 only to see first tab, G2 second tab only etc

Thanks.

In reply to Nip Weer

by Just H -

To the left of the Access Restriction settings you should see an eye icon ... click that so that there's a line through it. The eye with a line through it means it will be invisible unless students meet the restrictions you have set.

In reply to Just H

by Nip Weer -

Hi Just H,

I had a look and couldn't find an eye icon , Please check the attached file that I have under access restriction area. 

Thanks.

Attachment acessR.png
In reply to Nip Weer

by Just H -

OK, maybe we need to take a couple of steps back here; when talking about access restrictions I was expecting you to see this:

So, what course format are you using (Tab Topics maybe?) and what version of Moodle.

In reply to Just H

by Nip Weer -

Hi JustH,

We are using Moodle 2.6.11. Yes the course is tab format.

In my original post I have mentioned XXXXX is customised message, such as please contact yyyy course manager, I want to remove this customised message.

Thanks for your help.