How much time needs to wait for a course approval?

How much time needs to wait for a course approval?

by Anh Chi Nguyen -
Number of replies: 11

I've read in the help page and they mentioned 48 hours to get a course approved for enrolment or download. I've published a course since last week's wednesday and it still remains  "Not listed" in Moodle.net hub. I've sent 4 emails to the Moodle.net hub's administrator and no reply. While they don't reply me, the course remains "not listed". I feel quite frustrated as I dont know what else I could do to solve this. Anyone has encountered such problem? 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Anh Chi Nguyen

Re: How much time needs to wait for a course approval?

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello Anh - sorry for the delay.If you'd like your course approved so that people can create accounts and enrol in it, could you please enable Email-based self-registration and Self enrolment into the course on your site? If you let us know then, we can approve your course.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Anh Chi Nguyen -

Hi,

I have enabled them, please check and let me know if they are correctly enabled. This is my first time building courses in this platform so please feel free to instruct more if needed. Thank you!

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello Anh. When I go to your site, I still see only the log in page here https://lysbit.moodlecloud.com/login/index.php but for students to be able to create accounts you need Email-based self registration for the site and then Self enrolment to get into the course.

Do you definitely want your course open to the world at large? Or is it just for a selected group of people you already know who need to do your course? Publishing your course to Moodle.net is only necessary if you either want to offer it for people to download and use on their own sites or if you want people around the world to enrol in it.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Anh Chi Nguyen -

I would like the course to be open for people for self enrolment, either for Trial or Payment via Paypal. I have some clients have moodle.org accounts too, but I cannot manual enroll them because I cannot see their accounts visibility to my course. What could I do? Please help.

Re: enabling people to create accounts

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Anh, as Mary mentions, you need to enable people to create accounts on your site using Email-based self registration, otherwise they will not be able to enrol in the course. Please see the documentation Add users and Email-based self-registration for more details.

In reply to Helen Foster

by Anh Chi Nguyen -

Hi, please see the attachments. And check if it works now. Please be patient with me, I try my best now. smile

Attachment EnableSelfReg1.PNG
Attachment EnableSelfReg2.PNG

by Anh Chi Nguyen -

And this self enrolment is enable in the course.

Attachment SelfEnrolment.jpg

by Mary Cooch -

Hello again. We have lots of patience; don't worry! I see in your screenshot above that you have self enrolment and Paypal enabled for the course. That means that people could choose to enrol themselves for free instead of paying to enrol in the course via Paypal. So I suggest you add an enrolment key to the self enrolment instance as explained in the documentation on Paypal enrolment and then we can publish your course.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Anh Chi Nguyen -

Hi again,

I have put the enrolment key to self enrolment instance, but once I saved it and reopened by clicking Edit, then the enrolment key is empty again. Is it a bug?

Attachment EnrolmentKey.JPG

by Mary Cooch -

Could you try again in a different browser?

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Anh Chi Nguyen -

Hi again, after I deleted cache and cookie, it seems working now. I can save the enrolment key.

Please check it and let me know if the key is there from your side. Thanks for your help! smile