Peer Assessment Not Saving

Re: Peer Assessment Not Saving

by David Mudrák -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Ryan. Sorry to hear about your troubles with the Workshop module.

Please ask your IT to check the web server error log. Alternatively, let them increase the Moodle's debugging level to the maximum and allow display of debugging messages. Then go and try to reproduce the error again. More details should appear, copy & paste them here.

In reply to David Mudrák

by Ryan Carroll -

Resolution:

I was using a Workshop with TurnItIn, which allows for an upload of a rubric. Thinking that a rubric both available on the course website as well as provided through TurnItIn as well as instructions for both in the email informing the students of the way they should grade. Because of this, I did not fill out the assessment instructions.

This apparently caused a problem for the workshop that I was able to click through and all went well. BUT it meant that since the Workshop thought there were no assessment instructions, it did not allow any assessment to happen. So my students were able to submit comments, they were not able to submit grades.

This HAS to have been someone else's problem before mine. How is the one site dedicated to Moodle troubleshooting not able to have seen this and needed a week of IT poking to solve this?

In reply to Ryan Carroll

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

the Workshop thought there were no assessment instructions, it did not allow any assessment to happen

Negative. Workshop works well even if the assessment instructions are left empty.

But I am just thinking - maybe you have not defined the assessment form to be used? Please note that for historical reasons, the Workshop rubrics have nothing in common with Advanced grading rubric (used e.g. in the Assignment).

In reply to David Mudrák

by Ryan Carroll -

That's a bold claim to say without any sort of link/data/anything to back it up.

So please explain to a lowly user such as myself what the difference between assessment form and assessment instructions are.

And then modify your UI to guide users to better UI experiences.