Automatically download course backup file when login

Automatically download course backup file when login

by Vicky Qu -
Number of replies: 4

Hi, I have created a backup file for a course. However everytime when I tried to log in my moodle site, the browser automatically download the back up file when I click "log in". 

I have tried different user accounts and two browser (chrome and ie) and had same problems.

I'm using Moodle 3.1.1

Could you please to help me with it?

Many thanks!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Vicky Qu

Re: Automatically download course backup file when login

by Luis Lindrt -

I have same problem,  did you find a solution for this?

In reply to Vicky Qu

by Andy McKay -

I'm having the exact same issue with Moodle 3.2. Can someone shed some light on the issue, it's very odd that the login process is calling an unrelated process on a random course.

Thanks

In reply to Vicky Qu

This forum post has been removed

The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.
In reply to Vicky Qu

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

@ all in this thread ...

This is a very strange issue.   Can't imagine what one could do to get another server to do the same ... ie, replicate the problem ... which is what one would need to do to file anything in tracker.

So, here's a suggestion ...

1. With whatever tool you have to browse files (that also has the ability to remove files), empty your moodledata's cache directory ... just the files contained therein ... leaving the cache folder/directory.   Do the same for 'localcache' and for 'sessions'.   The cache/localcache and sessions will rebuild as site is used.

2. login ... go ahead and download the backup *IF* presented with that prompt again.

3.. in 3.1 and I think in 3.2 there is a setting for the 'Default Home Page' for Users' ... that's all users ... including those that are stie admins.   Site Admin -> Appearance -> Navigation.  By default that is set to 'dashboard'.   Change that to "Site".   Log off then login again.  IF you can't navigate menus, then using browser URL line: http://yoursite/admin/settings.php?section=navigation

This is really a guess ... no known way to replicate the issue but obviously with y'all reporting the same behavior, there is an issue ... just not wide spread.

'spirt of sharing', Ken