Auto-enrol or self-enrol course not listed in 'Available courses'

Auto-enrol or self-enrol course not listed in 'Available courses'

by Steven Chippendale -
Number of replies: 1

Moodle v3.0.3

I am having difficulty making an course auto-enrolable (using the Autoenrol plugin, Self Enrol would also suffice), but not have it show in  'Available courses'.

What I wish to do is e-mail a direct link to a moodle page to existing users who need it, which will then give them access once they log in. To anyone without the link, it's not there.

As suggested on similar threads, I have tried both hiding the Category (all of the courses I want to do this for are in the same category), and hiding all the courses but not the category, then amending my user role in Define Roles to 'See Hidden Courses' and 'See Hidden Categories', but the direct link states 'This course is currently unavailable to students', once logged in, even though Autoenrol is active.

I don't have access to the back end.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Steven Chippendale

Re: Auto-enrol or self-enrol course not listed in 'Available courses'

by RTR Admin -

1. Make sure Self-Enrollment is enabled site wide.
  2. Make sure you enable it for the course (Course Administration -> Users -> Enrollment Methods)
  3.  Make sure you set the Self-Enrollment method to the top of the priority list
  4. Use the link from the Publish Course section to send via email.

If you have all those setting correct, let me know, and I will walk you through secondary problems. We have a tutorial that covers most of this. Here is the link to the entire playlist. The information you are looking for is split between the Creating a New Course and Editing a Course videos.