User actions are not logged in private files block

User actions are not logged in private files block

by Alexander Melihov -
Number of replies: 1

Hi guys.
I'm developing a plugin which is tracing student's suspicious activity such as "uploading a new file in a private files section from a different ip". 
Let's imagine the situation...we have 2 users logged in using the same account but different computers, one of them is helping another one with his exam and uploading a cheating lists. 
I will consider this situation as suspicious activity and warn a teacher about this.

But I found out that user actions in private files section are not logged. Is it a reasonable limitation or it's just not realized in Moodle system?

In case on not realized I can code it.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Alexander Melihov

Re: User actions are not logged in private files block

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Looks like you're right. I just added some files in "private files" and nothing was logged. Taking a quick look through the files for yourmoodle/blocks/private_files/* I did not see any triggers for logging anything. Considering the way everything else seems to trigger a log entry, I would think this is an oversight, especially when you consider all the different types of "content" that could be uploaded.