Moodle Essential Theme: Slide show overlaps Social heading

Moodle Essential Theme: Slide show overlaps Social heading

by Per Oskar Westin -
Number of replies: 5

Hi!

I am having this problem where the Slide Show in Essential overlaps the Social heading (with the boxed links to various social networks). Se image below. I tried fixing it using custom CSS:

#essentialCarousel.carousel {
margin-top: 50px;
}

..but that doesn't work. 

Moodle version: Moodle 3.1.1+ (Build: 20160811)

Essential version: 3.1.0.5 (Build: 2016061703) 2016061704

Screenshot of issue

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Per Oskar Westin

Re: Moodle Essential Theme: Slide show overlaps Social heading

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

I have made lots of fixes since 3.1.0.5, please update to 3.1.0.8 - https://moodle.org/plugins/pluginversion.php?id=12130 - and see if the problem still exists.  If it does, then I'll look at it and see if I can reproduce the problem.

Additionally, I notice that you may have changed the header code to support more logos etc.  If that is the case, then I only fix issues in the core theme for free.  Any site that has changed code will only be supported for a fee.

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

Svar: Re: Moodle Essential Theme: Slide show overlaps Social heading

by Per Oskar Westin -

Hi Gareth! 

Thanks for fast response. I have updated Essential  3.1.0.8 and that didn't change the issue.

Furthermore, we have not changed any code for the header. All changes to the theme are in the settings and a few tweaks using the custom css box. The heading now is has simply added one image with 3 logos and set the height to 6em. Changing the height of the logos to the default 65px does not affect the issue either, the slide show only moves up as the logo header shrinks.

I realize you are working on this for "free" so I really appreciate your time. Am I the only one who has experienced this issue?

Best regards,

Oskar, Sweden

Re: Svar: Re: Moodle Essential Theme: Slide show overlaps Social heading

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Oskar,

What is the width setting for the logo please?

What are the changes in the Custom CSS box?

Kind regards,

Gareth

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

Svar: Re: Svar: Re: Moodle Essential Theme: Slide show overlaps Social heading

by Per Oskar Westin -

Hi Gareth, 

here you go!

Logo width: 80em

Logo height: 6em

Custom CSS below (Comments in swedish):

<!-- Storlek på info-rutorna på första sidan -->

#marketing-spots .marketing-spot .content.withbutton {

height: 300px;

}

#marketing-spots .marketing-spot .content {

height: 300px;

}

<!--bakgrundsfärgen-->

html {

background-color: #FDF9F3;

}

body {

background-color: #FDF9F3;

}

<!-- Headers-->

.block .header .title h2, .block h3.main {

background-color: #eee9e2;

}

#page-mod-scorm-player {

max-height: 640px;

#scormpage {

max-height: 660px;

#scorm_content {

max-height: 680px;

}

h2 {

font-size:200%;

}

<!--Kod som ändrar storleken på ikonerna för Kurser-sidan-->

.categoryicons .course_category_tree .category>.info a>.fa, .categoryicons .course_category_tree .category>.info>.categoryname a>.fa {

font-size: 20px;

padding-top: 6px;

width: 28px;

}

.categoryicons .course_category_tree .category {

float: left;

margin: 0 5px 10px;

width: 100%;

}

.categoryicons .course_category_tree .category>.info, .categoryicons .course_category_tree .category>.info>.categoryname {

text-align: left;

margin: 8px;

width: 90%;

}

.categoryicons .course_category_tree .category>.info a, .categoryicons .course_category_tree .category>.info>.categoryname a {

width: 90%;

}

Re: Svar: Re: Svar: Re: Moodle Essential Theme: Slide show overlaps Social heading

by Gareth J Barnard -

80em!!!!  That will be the issue.  Ok, looking at https://moodle.ith.se/course/index.php the image you've uploaded is 1200px by 200px.  The space you've shrunk it to is 85px high, therefore shrink the image (attached) and enter 85px for height and 510px for width.

Attachment riket_banner copy sm.png