Confirmation Emails Not Sending

Confirmation Emails Not Sending

by Dylan Ferguson -
Number of replies: 3

So I have an odd problem.  I have everything up and running with moodle except outgoing emails.  If I register an account with an email address that is on the same domain as the moodle site @mcleancountyems.org it works no problem the confirmation email sends and you can confirm the account.  However, if registration is attempted no confirmation email is generated.  It doesnt go to spam and there are no error messages.  After you register it states that an email has been sent but nothing ever comes.  

I have spent several hours and have read numerous posts, but none of them seem to have a problem quite like this.  The PHP system and creating custom SMTP settings all have the same results.  I attempted to have a gmail account as the email generating outgoing emails, but could never get that working for confirmation emails on any domain.  

Can anyone help, if it makes a difference I am running 3.0.4

Thanks in advance

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Dylan Ferguson

Re: Confirmation Emails Not Sending

by James Foster -

(Using Moodle 3.2 with Essential Theme.)

I have a very similar problem.  However, for me, the user gets registered but no email is sent.

I am a little confused about the setup (so that might be my problem, although I have tried different settings).  In the SMTP hosts section, at the top, I have tied both mail.qq.com as well as smtp.qq.com, both with and without the port settings.  I have checked all the passwords etc and that's ok.

Can anyone help with this?

Many thanks

James

In reply to James Foster

by Love Shayari -

Hi James,

I too earlier faced the same issue of not getting the email confirmation mail since i wanted to ask related to a project called Love Shayari but could not get any confirmation mail on the same.

Try looking for the mail in the spam folder or else just delete cookies - restart and then start again. you willl definitely find you link on Moodle search- If you search with the same email used for confirmation.

In reply to Love Shayari

by James Foster -

Hiya Shayari,

I have checked the spam folder and there's nothing there.  I think that my problem is that the mail is not being sent.  After clicking on the 'Create My account' button, it times out.  I have also checked the server (mail.qq.com) where the email is supposed to be coming from (according to the setting in 'Outgoing Email') and there's nothing in the sent folder either.

When you say 'delete cookies' - where from and how?

If you have any other ideas, I'd be very grateful.

James

oh, and Happy Christmas