Allow questions not to open until right answer

Allow questions not to open until right answer

by Michael Foran -
Number of replies: 5

Hello,

I am building a course and I need questions with a quiz not to open until a student gets the question right.

I have had a look around and don't know how to make this happen.

I am currently using Moodle 3.1.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks, Michael

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Michael Foran

Re: Allow questions not to open until right answer

by Colin Fraser -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers

Ummmmm sorry, but my imagination just failed me..smile  This is a quiz that you can't open until you answer the question correctly?  How do you see that working? 

No, I am not trying to be facetious, I just not sure what it is that you are actually asking. Do you mean that the users research a topic, develop some questions, and if a question they write matches a question in the quiz the entire quiz opens for them?   Or they write a series of answers and if one matches a question in a quiz, the quiz then opens?

Or, do you want them to do something particular before they get to view the quiz? If so then you may find an answer by restricting activities

In reply to Colin Fraser

by Michael Foran -

Thanks for replying.

I have a 30 question test, and  I want the user to see a question, answer it and then move onto the next question.  I don't want them to see the other questions until they answer correctly.

by Colin Fraser -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers

Ahh, now that makes sense. Short answer - dunno. 

Longer answer, restricted activities still seem the better option, unless there is something else that allows this. 

Never considered this type of rolling test, but I could use it myself. It may be that you have to write one question quizzes, and each question has unlimited attempts and as long as you have conditional activities switched on you can hide the subsequent questions.  

As a thought, have you looked at the Lesson Activity? That is an alternative that may be more appropriate than restricted activities. 

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Michael,

When editing your quiz settings, set the Layout to New page > Every question. Also under Layout click on Show more, set Navigation method > Sequential. This should give your students one question at a time and they cannot go to any other questions until they provide an answer to the current question they are looking at.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)