This issue will blow your mind!

Re: This issue will blow your mind!

by MoodleKittyCat . -
Number of replies: 3

Thanks but changing the context of guest role still doesn't restrict them from entering some of the shells. I checked the permissions and they are same. It is weird as hell and when I checked the enrolled users, the guest is not even in the list. What to do?

In reply to MoodleKittyCat .

by Melanie Scott -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

First:  Go to one of the courses they should not have access to but do.  Rather than clicking on Users->Enrolled Users, click on Users->Other users.  Based on what you said, you will most likely see the users in this area with this information in the Roles area (on the right):  Guest (assigned at site level).

Second:  Go to Site Administration->Users->Permissions->Assign system roles.  Click on the Guest role.  You most likely have given all your students the guest role, which isn't actual enrollment but allows access to everything.  Remove them.

If you want someone to have the guest role in a course, set the course to allow guests. (Course Administration->Edit Settings-> Guest Access.  Change the setting to yes.  If you want them to have to enter a password to use guest access, add a password. Save

In reply to Melanie Scott

by Chris Chapman -

I'm having the same issue, I dont want them to have access to anything at all, bar a single course (which I can given them a student role for)

In reply to Chris Chapman

by Jon Bolton -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

The Guest Enrolment method is usually added to all courses by default. If you don't want guests to access courses, turn it off. Additionally, you can prevent guest access to your whole site.

• In Administration > Site administration > Plugins > Enrolments > Manage enrol plugins, ensure Guest access is disabled (has its eye closed.) 
  • In Administration > Site administration > Plugins > Manage authentication set the Guest login button to Hide.