navigation doesnt work sometimes

navigation doesnt work sometimes

by Callum Pirie -
Number of replies: 4

Hi guys,

ive just downloaded 3.1.2+ and the navigation plays up a bit and wont let me click on anything. also sometimes the images cannot be found.

I have attached some images. hopefully someone could help me out? As you can see on the navigational menus its a bit odd.

Thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Callum Pirie

Re: navigation doesnt work sometimes

by A. Obeid -

Hi Callum,

try "Purge all caches" and check permission to moodledata (777) and moodle itself .

sudo chmod -R 777 /var/moodledata

sudo chmod -R 0755 /var/www/html/moodle

Check the Theme settings and Clear theme caches, change theme and change it back.

In reply to A. Obeid

by Callum Pirie -

Hi A. Obeid,

Thanks for this I'll give this a go. I have my own hosting so any ideas what I could do there? if anything?

You put these commands - sudo chmod -R 777 /var/moodledata what do these mean and where do I put them? or is that what the permission for these folders need to be?

Thanks again!

In reply to Callum Pirie

by A. Obeid -

Your moodle runs on Windows machine?

this commands (for Linux )mean change the permission of the folder so that for example webusers, php, cache have more right to write, change and read this folder, -R for recursive.

On Windows you can do that with on different way.

There per right mouse on the moodledata-folder (maybe like C:\inetpub\moodledata )->Properties -> Security -> (To change permissions, click Edit)Edit -> select Users and choose "Full control".