Moodle 3.1 Essential Theme

Moodle 3.1 Essential Theme

by Peter Koel -
Number of replies: 5

Hello,

I am experiencing a problem with my Essential theme. When our users log into Moodle they authenticate with an external database. The user id and password are stored in a browser cookie. Using either IE or Chrome if the user first goes to Moodle, the theme works fine and displays correctly. If the user closes the browser tab (without logging out) and returns at a later time; Moodle displays the screen incorrectly. The issue is corrected by having the user log out and then log back in.

In my testing, it seems to be the fact that the user does not log out of the site when leaving. Any ideas why this is happening and how to fix it? I am unable to attach screen images as the files are too large. Can you recommend a tool for Chrome to insert images into the message text?

Sincerely,

Peter

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Peter Koel

Re: Moodle 3.1 Essential Theme

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Gareth will need the Essential theme version before he can answer you, so forewarned is forearmed.

Cheers

Mary

In reply to Peter Koel

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

RE: "Moodle displays the screen incorrectly" and needing a screen shot, pertaining to "I am unable to attach screen images as the files are too large." - save as JPG's and reduce the quality until below 100 KB.

Also, in reading this I believe its not a theme issue at all.  Does the same thing happen in Clean?

And yes I do need version numbers please.

A question to all, is anybody actually taking any notice of: https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=333733 - which is pinned to the top of the forum?

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Peter Koel -

Hello,

Thank you for the quick reply. My theme version is: 

3.1.0.8 (Build: 2016061707)

The problem does not happen when I use the Clean theme, nor Eguru.

Attached is an image of the incorrect screen.

I appreciate your help.

Sincerely,

Peter
Attachment 2.jpg
In reply to Peter Koel

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Ok, theme CSS has not been served for some reason / other CSS is breaking the CSS / CSS is not being stored locally for some reason.  Essential in M3.1 uses the standard CSS serving, therefore will be no difference network or cache wise at the browser end for HTTP headers etc.  I don't know why.  The only way I may know is by being a user on that system in the same external database way, not log out and close the browser.

Ok, I'm also going to be blunt.  If there is an actual 'bug' in Essential, then I'll fix it.  If it transpires that it is a fault on your system / another plugin then I'll have to charge you for my time (money).  If you accept these terms then I can eMail you my terms of business to accept.  Otherwise if you find the issue by your own efforts and point out the exact bug in the theme with evidence then I'll make the changes for the next version.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Peter Koel -

Thanks for the suggestions. Your ideas led us to find an issue with the way our load balancer was handling HTTP versus https traffic. We made the correction and the theme is displaying fine.